ACADEMIC, CLASSROOM & SITE SUPPORT
- Teacher Classroom Funds: The PTA funds classroom supply funds for all teachers at Stanley. This annual allocation is fundamental for teachers to keep their classrooms stocked with the type of consumable supplies all Stanley students use every day in the course of their learning. This fund is the equivalent of the annual donations parents are asked to make to their elementary school teachers for their classroom supplies...just on a much larger scale.
- Classroom Technology Purchases: Over the course of the last school year, the Stanley PTA purchased iPads for all Stanley teachers as part of a structured program to meaningfully incorporate 21st century learning tools into the fabric of the Stanley educational culture. These iPads were in addition to machines purchased to refresh one of the mobile classroom carts of iPads. PTA similarly purchased new laptop computers in support of the yearbook class (for desktop publishing) and the RAPP classroom. PTA also purchased atlas resources for 6th grade core classrooms.
- Teacher & Professional Development Funding: The Stanley PTA is providing significant financial support to facilitate structured summertime collaboration time among teachers within departments as they work to effectively implement new Common Core standards and develop new and engaging lesson plans for Stanley students.
- Lunchtime & After School Homework Help: Every day of the week, teachers stand at the ready to assist students of all grades with their math assignments during lunch and after school. Students of all grades also have the option of attending an after school study hall if they desire a quiet, structured environment in which to complete their daily assignments. Additionally, there is an intensive after school homework support pilot program for students most in need of academic intervention. The Stanley PTA underwrites all of these programs.
- Binder Hospital (Academic Organizational Support): Aimed at helping students develop stronger organizational skills, Binder Hospital assists students who need extra help managing the logistical and organizational aspects of being a Stanley student. Click here to learn more.
- Teacher Mini-Grants: Nothing leaves an impression on students like a passionate teacher. The Stanley PTA provides a number of small grant each year for Stanley teachers to help fund their "passion projects." Last year that included purchasing a starter set of student ukuleles so one teacher could start a lunchtime club and share her passion for the instrument. It has also underwritten the costs of a math teacher piloting new "pencast" technology as a fresh, innovative way to provide students with enhanced online homework support. The types of grants offered are varied; the consistent feature with all of them is a passionate, motivated teacher wanting to bring something new to the students she or he teaches.
- School Site Improvements: In past years, the Stanley PTA was a major underwriter of the construction of the Outdoor Learning Quad (OLQ) that was completed in 2014. PTA continually funds smaller site improvements as well, from a water filtration system in the gym to improvements and supplies for Stanley's Emergency Preparedness sheds.