COMMUNITY BUILDING & FUN
- Wildcat Weekly E-Newsletter: The PTA produces and distributes Wildcat Weekly, the weekly e-newsletter for the Stanley school community. To get information about upcoming events and to learn about what's going on at Stanley, this is the place to look. Sent out via email on Sunday nights. To submit an article or announcement click here for submission guidelines. To add a new email address to our subscription list click here.
- Stanley Student Directory: The PTA produces Stanley's mobile and paperless directory, a service available exclusively to PTA members. We use the A-to-Z Directory app to give you access to the Stanley student directory via mobile device or computer. With the A-to-Z app you've got a searchable directory at your fingertips (with easy links to send an email, dial a phone number, or map an address) wherever you are. Click here for more information.
- Teacher Appreciation & Acknowledgment Events: In elementary school, teachers are supported by room parents who faithfully acknowledge birthdays and organized tokens of appreciation for educators throughout the year. At Stanley, the PTA-sponsored Teacher Appreciation Committee serves this function, offering up special luncheons, birthday cakes and more throughout the year to let teachers know they're appreciated by all of us!
- Parent Education Programming: Working in conjunction with the Lafayette School District Parent Education committee, the Stanley PTA underwrites opportunities for parents to participate in engaging workshops and hear inspirational and relevant guest speakers throughout the year. Click here to read about upcoming parent ed opportunities.
- Campus Cruisers: Providing an extra adult presence on campus at lunchtime, Campus Cruisers is a year-long program that enables parents to be extra sets of eyes and ears at school while all grades are on lunch break at the same time. Campus Cruiser volunteers lend a hand to school administration during this busy time...and get to be the proverbial "fly on the wall" and observe middle schoolers in their natural habitat!
- Year-End Picnics & Special Events: The Stanley PTA provides the administrative support (and all-important insurance umbrella!) to facilitate the always-anticipated year-end class picnics and parties. Additionally, the PTA hosts an annual springtime CommUNITY parent/teacher social that brings together our school community in a laid-back, fun evening.
- Challenge Success: Challenge Success is a research project founded at Stanford University. Originally it was called SOS-Stressed-Out Students Project. The name changed to Challenge Success in an attempt to encapsulate the broader vision and focus of the project. The mission of Challenge Success is to inform, inspire and equip youth, parents and schools to adopt practices that expand options for youth success. Challenge Success believes that real success results from attention to the basic developmental needs of children and a valuing of different types of skills and abilities. The project specifically endorses a vision of success that encompasses: character, health, independence, connection, creativity enthusiasm and achievement. Please visit the Challenge Success website at www.challengesuccess.org to learn more.
- Advocacy & Legislative Work via State PTA: A portion of your annual PTA membership dues fund important advocacy and legislative action work at the state and national level. Learn more about this work at the California State PTA website.