EXTRACURRICULAR & ENRICHMENT
- PTA Reflections Arts Recognition Program: The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national PTA-sponsored arts recognition and achievement program for students. To get involved at Stanley, students submit an original piece, inspired by the annual theme, in a range of arts including: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and the visual arts. The Reflections program provides students to showcase their talents at the school level, with opportunities to advance their entries to state and national competitions.
- Wildcats on Stage drama program: The PTA provides administrative support to Wildcats on Stage, Stanley's drama program that is responsible for putting on two fantastic stage production every year, one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Lunchtime clubs: The PTA funds teacher liaisons that oversee the wide variety of lunchtime clubs offered to all students throughout the school week. Club offerings have included: Anime, Bollywood Films, Brain Games, Cartoon Drawing, Chess, Disney & Harry Potter, Friendship, Gay Straight Alliance, Global Relief Outreach, International, Journalism, Lunch & Listen, Library Magic, Mine Craft, Mythbusters, New Kids, Opportunity Knocks, Science Bowl, Scrabble, Sign Language, Stanley Creek Kids Care, Ukulele, and the U.S. History Club.
- Cultural Fair & International Concert: Twenty-five years ago Jack Walton, a former teacher, founded the Cultural Fair as a way of promoting international awareness in the Stanley community. That tradition lives on and every year students and their families come together to celebrate the diversity of cultural heritages through food, song and learning about customs unique to different cultures. Organized by the Foreign Languages Department, with financial support from the PTA, students have a unique hands-on opportunity to learn something new about faraway corners of the world.
- Athletics Directors: Stanley PTA funds the Athletic Directors who staff the after school sports program at Stanley. From intramural teams to competitive teams that compete against local schools, the Stanley athletics program offers the broad opportunities for sports participation throughout the school year.
- Jazz Cafe: Stanley PTA provides administrative support to the Jazz Cafe program, featuring spectacular nights of jazz in the Multi Use Room which is magically transformed into a hip and happening musical hotspot.