Last year LPIE was very fortunate to exceed our annual fundraising goal. With this additional money we fully funded our reserve, ensuring LPIE would be in a position to fund important programs and services for our children regardless of potential fluctuations in our annual fundraising.
Now that our reserve is funded, we have more money to allocate to the classroom. This year we increased our funding to K-12 students by $457,000 and every grade-level is experiencing the benefits, such as:
· $155,000 to double science instruction in grades K-5
· $140,000 additional funding for new technology in grades K-8
· $100,000 additional funding for 1:1 iPad Program at Acalanes
· $20,000 for Engineering/Robotics and CAD elective courses at Stanley
· $20,000 for Math Section and Support at Stanley
· $6500 additional funding for Writing for Mastery at Acalanes
As an educational foundation, we are committed to furthering our impact on just that – education. The more we raise, the more innovative and impactful enhancements our children will receive. We still have $900,000 to raise to meet our $2.3 million fundraising goal. Please help us get there by making a donation in support of your child’s education.
· LPIE General Board Meeting on Thursday, November 14 at 7 p.m. in the Stanley Library. All are welcome and encouraged to attend these monthly meetings.
· LPIE Annual Crab Feed, Saturday, January 25 at Oakwood Athletic Club
Cathy VandenBerghe & Heather McNally
LPIE Stanley Co-chairs